We know you have questions so we've compiled a list of Q&A to help out. If you have more questions feel free to contact us
When will EMS Outfielder Web be released?
EMS Outfielder is scheduled to be released in January 2011.
Will you continue to support the local executable version of EMS Outfielder?
The local executable version will still be supported after EMS Outfielder Web is released, but no new versions of the local executable version of EMS Outfielder is scheduled for development.
What will your licensing model be?
Licensing is paid on an annual basis and includes hosting, system updates, documentation, and support during the licensing period.
Licensing is per user, so you should be licensed for the maximum number of concurrent EMS Outfielder Web sessions
you will need.
I have 20 medics. Do I need to purchase a license for each of them?
No, licensing is per concurrent user so if you only expect 5 of those medics to be logged into the system at any given time you would only
need 5 licenses.
What is Software As A Service (SaaS)?
Saas is a software delivery model where the application you use is hosted by a service provider and made
available to you over the internet. Instead of purchasing a license for an application that you install on your computer
you purchase use of a hosted solution set up for your organization(s). Click here to reference the Wikipedia definition.
What are the benefits of SaaS?
- Reduced software implementation costs (as compared to a non-SaaS implementation)
- Less infrustructure required for implementation
- Instant access to system upgrades
- Mobile devices can be running any operating system (see minimum system requirements below)
- Upgrades are done for you
- System backups are handled for you
- Real-time access to your data, wherever you are
- Data security and continuity becomes our problem, not yours
If I'm working on a PCR and I lose my internet connection can I keep working? Will I lose any data?
Yes you can continue working. Your data will be saved on your local device until an internet connection becomes available. You will not lose any data.
Where will my data be housed?
EMS Outfielder Web is hosted on Inspironix servers in a Class A data center in Sacramento, California.
Our contracted data center includes temperature control, backup power, and physical security.
Only authorized individuals with valid identification are allowed physical access.
What are the minimum system requirements for EMS Outfielder Web?
Devices that run EMS Outfielder Web must meet the following specifications:
- 1024 x 768 or better screen resolution
- Because EMS Outfielder Web takes advantage of the latest web standards, one of the following web browsers is required: FireFox 3.6 or better, Chrome 6.0 or better, or Safari 5 or better
- Software that allows viewing of PDF files, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n)
- Touchscreen required if on-screen signature capture is desired
Can I use EMS Outfielder Web on an iPad?
Yes! EMS Outfielder Web has been tested, and works great, on the iPad.